Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunday

We woke up early and I rode in to Chennai with everybody on the bus, who was going to church. I was dropped off at the Marriot and had an amazing bonding time with Kim. She’s from Boston and I am looking forward to her being my life long friend. She is wise beyond her years and I am a better person just by knowing her. Then we met everyone after church in the lobby for Sunday brunch. WOW oh WOWIE! If you want the most amazing spread of deliciousness, go to the Marriot in Chennai India on a Sunday afternoon. I was blown away! Cheeses, breads, fruits, pastas, pizzas, they even had beef J I was so stuffed after that I didn’t eat until the next afternoon.

By the time we got home the sun was setting, and I ran over to the kids hostel to say goodbye. One of the most precious two hours of my life. It was next to impossible to leave all those brown eyes and giggles. Most of the girls wrote me letters or drew me pictures and I couldn’t seem to let go of any of them as I hugged them all goodnight one by one and told them each how beautiful they are, and how much I truly love them. I left most of my heart in those small, bare rooms, with hard cement floors and bright blue nemo walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment