Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Saturday

We all woke up early and headed to Mahammalapuram for a Saturday of shopping and the beach. I have to say I am now a pro at bartering and find it to be one of my favorite things to do. I wonder what it’s going to be like in the states when I tell the girl behind the counter at The Buckle I wan my jeans for $20, take it or leave it? J Ideal Beach lived up to it’s name 100% We were treated like royalty as we were lead down to our little cabana and had hammocks tied up for us on the coconut trees The little man in the floral print shirt knocked coconuts down for us, broke them open with a wicked looking knife and served them to us with straws. Katie, Carly and I wore our Sexy swim costumes, so as not to offend any of the locals, and Derek joined us for some serious body surfing. The waves were gigantic and the water was so salty it felt impossible to drown. I had a full body massage time reserved for 600 Rps ($12) that I was a little weary about. Best $12 I’ve spent. An hour of oily heaven.

We stopped for Parotas on the way back to the kids. Parotas will never be as delicious as the ones we get on the side of the road for 10 cents. I’m ruined! I know I’ve said this many times before, but being with my girls was so much fun again! More make-up more braids, more stories and more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment